RICHARDSON CENTER FOR FUNCTIONAL FOODS AND NUTRITION
Institutional for The University of Manitoba
It’s only fitting the leaders in food science and nutrition chose M.D. Steele for the Construction of Richardson Center for Functional Foods and Nutrition facility at the University of Manitoba’s Smart Park. This building houses research to advance human nutrition through innovation.
This 55,000 square foot building connects researchers from the Faculty of Agriculture with the food and agriculture industry providing a state-of-the art facility.
The facility provides the following services:
- Pilot plant scale dry seed milling and fractionation processing
- Semi-pilot plant scale (>1 L <100 L) development and functional characterization of food ingredients
- Investigating the effects of food products
- Semi-pilot plant scale (>1 kg <100 kg) encapsulation, tabletting and packaging of dry food or plant extracts that enhance human nutrition
- Fostering R&D innovation in food and nutrition through industry-university research partnerships and technical service agreements or contracts.