MD Steele values dedication and recognizes continuous growth. We build both on our projects and within our internal team. We value promoting those who show commitment and look for opportunities where employees can excel their careers within our company. MD Steele works on projects in Winnipeg and around Manitoba. With 30 years of continuous work, we always have a place for dedicated individuals.
The concrete finisher is a key role in the front-line staff on MD Steele Construction sites. In general, a concrete finisher is involved in concrete pour preparation, pour activities, and assists with general construction. Due to the varied nature of MD Steele’s work, concrete finishers also contribute occasionally on rigging/erection of structural members, and reinforcing.
- Has a strong attention to detail.
- Properly uses and maintains tools/materials required to complete tasks.
- Has knowledge of construction industry and processes. Specific attributes include knowledge of concrete/formwork, temporary works.
- Capable of creative problem-solving to develop complex work tasks and to complete work safely, efficiently, and productively.
- Dedicated to completing construction projects safely, to high quality, on schedule through to completion.
- Recognizes and understands the importance of an efficient/productive crew and completing tasks on-time.
- Able and willing to work on construction projects out of town when required.
Primary Role & Responsibilities
- Hand float and bull float.
- Broom finishing.
- Operating and maintaining hand screed and power screed.
- Placing and raking concrete.
- Various work with line pump or regular pump truck.
- Care and control responsibility for tools.
- Assists on rigging/erection, reinforcing, and other site duties as needed.
- Maintains a well-organized and tidy work site.
- Foresees materials/tools/equipment needed for their daily tasks.
- Utilizes proper tool use/maintenance/inspections and informs Foreman of repairs to equipment/tools.
- Follows MD Steele Safety Policy and encourages all site personnel to work in a safe and respectful work environment.
We look forward to sharing opportunities with you.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Entry level English required
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- carpentry: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person